Anna Marie (Lanzendorfer) Jordan RN, Nursing & Healthcare Professions Scholarship
This fund was established to honor Anna Marie (Lanzendorfer) Jordan, RN, for her commitment and care of her patients at Punxsutawney are Hospital from 1949 to 1986. At the time of her retirement Anna Marie held the position of Director of Nursing. After her retirement, Anna Marie continued her care and commitment to friends and family. The fund shall provide an annual scholarship of at least $1,000.00 to a student who would like to pursue a career in the healthcare field.
The following is the criteria that must be met for eligibility:
- The recipient shall be a graduate of Punxsutawney Area High School. If the Punxsutawney Area High School should cease to exist, the candidate should be selected from within the current Punxsutawney Area School District geographical boundaries; and
- Primary consideration shall be given to a student who has express interest in pursuing a career in the nursing field; and
- The following criteria is to be considered when making the scholarship award:
- Academic Merit
- Top 20% of the class (based on a weighted scale)
- Potential for success in his or her field of study
- Financial need is a primary consideration; and
- If there are no students considering the nursing field of study, applicants pursuing other healthcare professions may be considered for this scholarship; i.e. Pre-Med, rehabilitation sciences, physical therapy, etc.